Legacy
My Grandma would have been 98 today and as I thought about her life, I became incredibly grateful that I knew her so well. I grew up knowing all my Grandparents and even most of my Great-Grandparents lived well into my teenage years and the impact they had on my life is significant.
You see, both of my Grandmothers were devout Christ followers. I remember my Grandma Smith, her Bible sitting open on the kitchen table, how important it was that even in the summer, when we were up at the cottage, going to Church on a Sunday was a must. She loved to play hymns on the piano and her excitement when my husband and I went on the mission field was huge. My other Grandma loved the Lord too. She had an infectious laugh and I look back fondly at how often I talked with her on the phone, with her encouraging words reminding me to keep trusting in God.
Both of these women impacted me immensely. I learnt to give and support missions through them, I watched the example of them praying as they lived their lives daily. I remember my Grandma Wood telling her neighbours about my husband and I performing for a Christmas performance and asking them to come with her to see it.
They lived their lives to the fullest for the Lord. What a legacy that is! As I write this, I'm also thinking of friends who have recently lost a parent. Their pain is significant, which is understandable. Another friend went to be with the Lord last week and right now, I'm seeing the impact those lives have had on others.
What impact will we leave for our friends and families? Will we be remembered for our faith? As someone who loved others? As someone who put Christ first? We are here for such a short time.
When I look back on the lives that both my Grandmothers lived, I'm so thankful that I had so much time with them both and I miss them tremendously, but the example that they lived in loving Christ lives on.
As you live your life day to day, let us remember that others around us are watching us and what better way to be remembered than as someone who loved the Lord relentlessly.
My Grandma would have been 98 today and as I thought about her life, I became incredibly grateful that I knew her so well. I grew up knowing all my Grandparents and even most of my Great-Grandparents lived well into my teenage years and the impact they had on my life is significant.
You see, both of my Grandmothers were devout Christ followers. I remember my Grandma Smith, her Bible sitting open on the kitchen table, how important it was that even in the summer, when we were up at the cottage, going to Church on a Sunday was a must. She loved to play hymns on the piano and her excitement when my husband and I went on the mission field was huge. My other Grandma loved the Lord too. She had an infectious laugh and I look back fondly at how often I talked with her on the phone, with her encouraging words reminding me to keep trusting in God.
Both of these women impacted me immensely. I learnt to give and support missions through them, I watched the example of them praying as they lived their lives daily. I remember my Grandma Wood telling her neighbours about my husband and I performing for a Christmas performance and asking them to come with her to see it.
They lived their lives to the fullest for the Lord. What a legacy that is! As I write this, I'm also thinking of friends who have recently lost a parent. Their pain is significant, which is understandable. Another friend went to be with the Lord last week and right now, I'm seeing the impact those lives have had on others.
What impact will we leave for our friends and families? Will we be remembered for our faith? As someone who loved others? As someone who put Christ first? We are here for such a short time.
When I look back on the lives that both my Grandmothers lived, I'm so thankful that I had so much time with them both and I miss them tremendously, but the example that they lived in loving Christ lives on.
As you live your life day to day, let us remember that others around us are watching us and what better way to be remembered than as someone who loved the Lord relentlessly.
Comments
Post a Comment