There are many people who I admire in this world.  Many who have raised themselves up from difficult upbringings to be successful adults.  Others who have remained kind, generous and loving despite trying times again and again and those who are able to keep going and don't seem to quit, even when it would be easier to curl in a ball and give up.

For too many years, I would stew about my own failures, instead of being inspired by what I saw in others.  Fears about what people would think of me could at times be crippling.  When people would say something positive about me, I was quick to brush off that compliment.  I've also had moments where I'm almost sitting back and waiting for someone to give me permission to 'move forward' and really, what has that accomplished?  I've sat back while others have seemed to 'live their lives'.  But, lately, I've tried to use others successes as a way to inspire me.  To motivate me to at least try to do more.  

You see, for the last several years, my husband and I have felt that God was leading, prompting and wanting us to share more about our journey.  Recently, I've also had a few people speak into our lives that God would use us more, if only we'd start talking about our struggles and triumphs.  It's just been that little 'nudge' that was needed to make us think it was time to start moving forward.  

In my mind and my heart though, the fear is real... Will people even care about what I have to say?  About what my husband has to say?  Will people laugh?  Will they judge?  But, the reality is... What does GOD think?  At the end of they day, all that SHOULD matter is God and His plan, His calling on my life, on my family's life.  Psalm 139 reminds me that God knows me intimately!  What a reminder that is.  It should be a reminder to all of us, that God is with us and that He loves us.   

So, when I start doubting and then think "nobody thinks I can do this", I'm trying instead to daily tell  myself that "God has confidence in me" and I'm using that to keep going forward.  The creator of the Universe... My Father... My DADDY can and WILL use me.  

I hope that this will inspire some of you too.  For as many who are driven and seem strong despite their circumstances (and even though they may doubt, they keep trying), I know there are others, who like me have struggled with doubts. Instead of moving forward, some of you have allowed those doubts to keep you held down. However, how about we grow together?  I'm not saying it will be perfect and there may be days when we sit and cry and wrestle with self worth.  But, there will be other days when we are able to overcome those fears.  Wouldn't that be an amazing testament to God's goodness and faithfulness if we are able to prevail from fears about doubts?  

I'd love to hear some of your triumphs over struggles :)!  So, feel free to comment below.   Much love!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog